Sunday, September 2, 2007

the liter of wine with alex adventure.


today was our first day sans things we HAD to do. we woke up at like 10 and alex and I went grocery shopping a bit. we bought eggs and bread and butter and such and went back up to my room to cook. then I realized that I forgot the ketchup and molly and I ran back down and brought it back up. meanwhile alex made the scrambled eggs and tended to the toast I started earlier. when we got back upstairs alex was all finished cooking and we sat down to eat. it was so nice. it felt really good to be eating eggs and ketchup with my friends. at the store I also bought a mug and tea and sugar and milk. so now i'm all set for tea. after breakfast we all got ready and walked into town. me molly kelsey, alex and allen, and ed krissy and leland. we went to look for bikes. we failed again, that sucked. however we did stop and buy stamps and I bought a phone card. before that I called mom on a pay phone with change. it was an expensive phone call but it made me feel a lot better about life. they say we should have the internet by like monday or so. and I can't wait. after we walked to the vodafone store and then on a never ending walk to another bike shop alex and I broke away from the group and went to the other cellphone place which was closed, but we ran into travis who pointed us in the right direction of the internet cafe. we spent about an hour there. alex and I both need the internet. that's good. once we got out of there we ran into allen and krissy and ed and started walking home but then we stopped at a market for fruit. I had an amazing pear and alex had an apple. we walked home and on the way we stopped at another super market. looking at wine we realized that it was the cheapest wine we have seen so far. we bought a huge bottle for about 1,50 euro. no joke. wine is as cheap as water in italy. then we went to the 99 cent store to buya cork screw and ran into molly and kelsey. they wanted to make dinner tonight but alex and I both really wanted to find pay phones to use our phone cards to call our significant others. so we went upstairs and got ready and walked back into town. it takes 15 minutes almost exactly to get to ciee from here, not that bad. we went to the pay phones outside the hotel and each spent about 25 minutes on the phone. after we got off the phones we went for dinner. it was almost 9 when we got to the pizzeria but we sat down for dinner. I ordered a marinera (sauce and garlic) pizza and alex ordered one with a lot of meat and artichokes on it. he also ordered a half liter of sparkling white wine. he did not realize that a half liter is a pitcher of vino. when it got there we both laughed because I guess we already knew drunkness was on it's way. I think alex was drunk before he even got his pizza and I started helping him sooo, by the end of our unbelievably fantastic meal we were both drunk. alex more than me, but both of us for sure. we both finished every inch of our pizza and when we finally finished the wine and paid the bill we started walking, hoping to find gelato. it's hard to not find gelato in ferrara. when we got to the gelato place alex go tirrimesu and coconut and I got strawberry and pineapple. it was delicioussssss the best i've had yet. actually all of todays food was the best yet. when we got our gelato we kept walking home and when we got there we walked up to my room and had some of alex's 1,50 wine and pretzels and nutella so so good. it was a ridiculously fun night. tomorrow- waking up at 9 for eggs again.
morning eggs.
post vino.

No comments: