Monday, September 3, 2007

the endless ferrara tour.


today we had our tour of ferrara. it was SO long. three hours. ugh. before it started I walked into town with alex and kelsey and molly. we bought some fruit at the farmers market. in the past two days I have had the best pears of my life. seriously, so so so good. the tour was so long I can't even remember it. the best part to me was finally seeing green places in ferrara. in the city center it's all so cobble stone and store-filled that I couldn't even figure out where people go to relax, i'm really glad that I now know that there is grass in ferrara. I was thinking about it yesterday when scott was telling me that people were laying out at school. and I realized that I had not yet seen anything green. we got gelato, I got kinder and nutella. it wasn't as good as I was expecting. so far i've had about 6 flavors of gelato. hazelnut at the rome airport, white chocolate, pineapple, strawberry, kinder and nutella. the only ones i've really liked so far have been hazelnut, strawberry and pineapple. I also have tried alex's pistachio and that was good too. once we finally got back to the center of town alex and I went to the farmers market and got some fruit, I got pears and also a package of short grain rice. and he got peaches for allen and some cheese. then I went to the craft market and I bought a bracelet. I met everyone else back at a bar and we went for dinner for kelsey's birthday. I finally got to have pasta with olive oil and garlic and it was SO GOOD. dominic got me some bread after and I sopped up the extra olive oil with it. so so so so good. between yesterday and today, food has been SO SO SO good. it's hard to order pasta with garlic and oil because it's never on the menu so today travis tried to teach me to say it but under pressure I forgot so he ordered it for me. we ate pretty early today considering the way it's been the past few days. but that was good because we were all so so so tired from the tour all day. I walked home with alex and molly and leland and allen and krissy and ed and alex and I picked up eggs on the way for the morning. I put them in my fridge so i'll bring them over in the morning to eat.

tomorrow is our first day of class. alex kelsey molly allen ed and I are all in the same class. after class tomorrow alex and I are going to buy phones and look for bikes also we'll probly go to the eurostore and get wine glasses and things to decorate. I need to grocery shop too.I need olive oil, eggs, sushi rice making supplies, soy sauce, chicken, salad, bread, etc.I miss scott a lot today. I have to remember that the grocery store is closed on sundays. I have to remember to call mom tomorrow. it's her birthday.
cathedral.
bell tower.
diamond palace.
the group after a gelato break.

No comments: